Monday 20 July 2020

70. Sermon on the Mount Secrets - Receiving Faith Part 3

We are busy discussing Jesus' instruction in Matthew 7:7-11:  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Elijah also walked in the great power of answered prayer because he did and prayed only what the Lord told him to. The key with both Jesus and Elijah was that they were sold out to the Lord’s cause. They did not have a thousand and one distractions and could focus solely on listening for the Lord’s voice. Neither of them could hear it audibly, nor could Moses, Samuel, or Paul. For that matter, neither can we. They simply tuned in to Father to hear what He had to say. What separated them from the general population was their undivided devotion to the Lord.
To them, He was everything. They allowed Him to do anything with them in order to accomplish His purposes. They did not mind ridicule and persecution as long as it enhanced what God had in mind concerning His kingdom.
We need to get rid of the things that distract us, tune in to God, and especially read the Bible expecting to find a revelation (rhema) word. This empowers our faith and, when prayed, moves the arm of God. Praying a rhema word, a word that God quickens to us from His written Word, has much power.
I have received much rhema in my life. Many years ago, I needed protection against persecution and mistakes. While I read Psalm 91, verses 14-16 came alive: “‘Because he loves me,’ says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation,’”
I memorised it and it created faith within me.
I tend to rub the enemy the wrong way by exposing the truth, so I am well acquainted with persecution. As a result, I have had a lot of trouble in my life. Not long after I received this rhema, I realized why the Lord gave it to me. I would need it in times of trouble. Every time I get into trouble, I pray these exact words from this revealed passage. I made it more personal by praying, “Because I love You, Lord, You will rescue me. You will protect me because I acknowledge Your name. . . .”
Without fail, this prayer exerted amazing power. I have been saved from major dilemmas, even from problems that were my own fault, simply because I repented before God when I realized my error. Sometimes the trouble evaporated, but at other times the Lord sent me to deliver a message of wisdom to my adversaries, and that brought my deliverance. To be continued.



While you're on the blog, why don't you have a look at more of this kind of articles in our archive to your right, or on your mobile device, tap 'home' at the bottom and then the arrows next to the 'home' button to search for more articles?


For children and adults who are prepared to learn in a childlike way. For more information go to https://childlifeskills.blogspot.com/2019/08/cool-videos.html


No comments:

Post a Comment