Sunday 24 June 2012

Fruit From David

Good morning.

Today I needed some rest and thus slept later, so I give you some of the fruit of David’s relationship with the Lord.

Psalm 4 is a prayer David wrote down, but is a beautiful example of the interactive relationship he had with the Lord. If you read this psalm carefully you will see that parts of it are he speaking and part the Lord speaking, in other words David prophesying. The latter can be found in verse two and seems to be in verse four as well.


I love verse seven where he compared the results of a relationship with the Lord with the results of material success.

Read this thoughtfully and let it sink into the depths of your spirit.

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.


1 Answer me when I call to you,
O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
2 How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame?
How long will you love delusions and seek false gods? Selah
3 Know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself;
the Lord will hear when I call to him.


4 In your anger do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent. Selah
5 Offer right sacrifices
and trust in the Lord.

6 Many are asking, “Who can show us any good?”
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.
7 You have filled my heart with greater joy
than when their grain and new wine abound.
8 I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O Lord,
make me dwell in safety.

Are you one of the godly the Lord has set apart for himself?

Lord, I make this prayer my own. Please show me how to have an intimate relationship with you.

Thank you Lord that your Word went out from your mouth, via your servant’s pen, and it will not return to you empty, but will accomplish what you desire and achieve the purpose for which you sent it.

Please pass this on if you think others may benefit by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment