Thursday 14 June 2012

Set Aside

Good morning.

During the last few days we have discussed the wonderful revelation on Malachi 3. The Lord wants a people that are totally devoted to Him. We almost need to be so heavenly minded that we are no earthly good, so to speak. Why do we need to be ‘in’ with earthly people and things? Why do we need to know about the latest fashions, gossip, tendencies, financial markets, etc. unless the Lord tells us to make some of this our business for the sake of our ministry? All we really need to know is how to do our job well, care well for our family and friends and how to serve the Lord well. The rest is meaningless or vanity like Solomon said in Ecclesiastes.

I may be criticised for this, but you know, I am not bothered about the news. I feel I cannot do much about it apart from praying, so why would I disturb my spirit with it? I pray a lot in tongues and am confident that the Holy Spirit will add important world issues into those prayers, and if He wants me to know something so I can pray about it, He will make sure it crosses my path. I prefer to have my mind focused to hear from the Lord.

There was a stage when I had the news on my Internet browser, but then my computer gave trouble and when it returned from the computer repair shop, the news browser has disappeared and was replaced with only a blank search engine. I left it like that and you know; life is better. I can focus more on the Lord, for my mind is not so polluted with the sins of this world.

The Lord yearns for people that would be separated for Him. I think much about the passage in Matthew 7:13-14: “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it,” and always ask myself why only a few would find it. Aren’t there billions of Christians on earth and don’t we have many mega churches where people sing the praises of the Lord and powerful messages are preached?

In the last few days we have seen from Malachi 3 that the Lord is purifying a people for Himself with the expected end result: “Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness” and “you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not,” (Malachi 3:3, 18).  

How many of us are dedicated to the Lord in our thinking and talking. These few simple words from Malachi 3:16 really spoke to me: Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard.” One thing I love is when people in a conversation chat spontaneously about the Lord. The conversation just goes in that direction and is not forced or artificially stimulated in any way. People like that are just full of the Lord and it overflows from the mouth. But how often does that happen? Think about your social life. How often do you end up in a conversation where everybody simply rave about the Lord’s goodness, teaching one another, exchanging revelation and testifying of what the Lord has done for them? Doesn’t it happen very little? Do we even have it after church during tea?

I think the few that will find the narrow way will be speaking with one another in intimacy together with the Lord about the Lord, and they will be among those who “bring offerings in righteousnessand those who are righteous and serve the Lord according to Malachi 3:18.

The way is narrow, for it is not complicated and hasn’t got space for more that only you and the Lord. There is no space for all kinds of baggage apart from what we have in the Lord, “for the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,” (Romans 14:17).

Lord, I would like to be among those intimate with you.

Thank you Lord that your Word went out from your mouth, via your servant’s pen, and it will not return to you empty, but will accomplish what you desire and achieve the purpose for which you sent it.

Please pass this on if you think others may benefit by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment