Thursday 18 October 2012

The Lord’s Grace Allows us Opportunity To Change

Good morning.

I'm placing this late tonight since on Friday morning I'm not available.
We have discussed in the previous message that we should never be content with our stand before the Lord. Only those who live holy lives will see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). This is probably meant for this life as well as life in heaven. Jesus said that He will show or reveal himself to those who obey His commands (John 14:21). When He reveals Himself, isn’t that exactly what seeing the Lord means?

If I have a gift for you in my pocket and tell you I have something for you, and ask you whether you are able to see it, you will probably think I am nuts and will ask me how you can see it unless I show it to you. We can spend the whole evening together and you will learn nothing more about what I have for you unless I reveal it to you. If I then tell you I will reveal it to you if you do what I ask you to do, you are suddenly in a difficult position. Do you really want the gift so badly that you would obey my instructions in exchange for the gift?

In the same way the Lord wants us to obey His commands before He reveals Himself to us. For us to be able to be a position to hear His every command and to do as He tells us, we need to stay close to Him, very much like a good servant or employer is ready to obey every wish of their superior. Isn’t that what holiness is – setting aside all those things that distract us so we could be attentive to the Lord’s commands? If we live in such close harmony with Him we will get to know Him intimately, just as Moses got to know Him and we will then ‘see’ Him.

But then eternity also awaits us, and only those who lived holy lives will see God as Hebrews 12:14 states. Romans 10:9 declares: “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Matthew 16:16, Luke 8:50 and Acts 16:31 similarly state that those who believe in Jesus Christ will be saved. In John 3:3 Jesus told Nicodemus, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God,” and in verse five He confirmed it by saying “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” Can you see that He mentioned here the Kingdom and not God Himself?

I will leave the deduction from these passages to you, but they were shown to me when I once told the Lord I didn’t think it was fair that those who just believe and live self-centred lives should have the same privileges in heaven than those who really sacrificed everything for the Lord as for example the apostles did. The picture of heaven I received at the time depicted Jerusalem and surrounds, where those who only believed lived in and around the city, those born again in the palace of the King, but only those set apart for Him through holiness will be in His courts and presence. I have used this analogy before for those who have seen it, but I think it is such an important incentive for us to work with the Lord at changing us into obedient productive instruments in His hands (Philippians 2:12) as we have discussed in the last few blogs.
I urge you my brother and sister to heed these words, which the Lord so repeatedly speaks through me His servant. We hear so many messages on God being a gracious Lord, but He is only gracious whilst we are on earth to give us opportunity to change from being saved into being holy, since He so much desires for us to be with Him in person. In life after death He will be the judge. He is raising up many messengers like me to urge us to prepare for the end. I myself have been through tremendous purification and still am being tested.

Will you not please make a commitment in your heart to prepare for the coming of the Bridegroom?

Lord, please help me to heed to your word.

Thank you Lord that your Word went out from your mouth, via your servant’s pen, and it will not return to you empty, but will accomplish what you desire and achieve the purpose for which you sent it.

Please pass this on if you think others may benefit by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment