Sunday 12 February 2012

It’s a Miracle!

Good morning.

We continue with the series on the gifts of the Holy Spirit as per 1 Corinthians 12:7-10.


The Lord is a miracle working God. Jesus has proven that over and over in His ministry on earth. Even today we see many miracles happen. As with the other gifts, the gift of the working of miracles is given to whoever needs it and is usually in response to prayer. The Lord has subjected Himself to our prayers, i.e. He has chosen only to respond to prayer, which is why parts of the body of Christ are prompted to pray earnestly, even though they often don’t really know what they’re praying for. I’ve often been praying in tongues whilst doing something mechanically and suddenly I felt the presence of the Lord and my prayers intensified. It is during such times that somebody somewhere needs a miracle, and the Holy Spirit calls on His prayer warriors to pray so He can have the mandate to act.


A miracle is something only the Lord can do in a situation where humans have come to the end of their ability. I’m not particularly aware of individuals that have a ministry of miracle working, but if you know of such ministers, please leave a comment to inform us. I’ve lived through a number of miracles in my life though, and have heard of many others and therefore know that miracles are given to those who ask, but if we want to see them happen we must expect them to happen. The Lord wants to see faith.


On one occasion, many years ago when I was still young and naive, people bought a car from me by taking over the payments. They were a ‘Christian’ organisation, which is why I trusted them, but they were not very sound. They stopped paying me and after a couple of months I went to ask them for my money. While they came up with all kinds of arguments, which I’m not very good at, I silently called to the Lord to save me out of this. One moment the man was still his arguing why he shouldn’t pay me, and the next he took out the cheque book and wrote me a cheque for the amount they owed me.


On another occasion we were driving to church as a poor young married couple. I had the last of the month’s money in my pocket and knew it should go to the Lord, but also knew we had food and fuel to buy before the next salary payment. I heard the Lord clearly telling me to put all that money in the offering. I gasped at the Lord and asked my wife what she thought. Being a giver she agreed with the Lord. I still remember putting the money in the basket thinking ‘what now?’ After church we went to minister to people who needed encouragement and when we got home, nearly seven times the amount of money I’d put in the offering that morning had been posted though the post slot in our door.


The Holy Spirit loves to surprise those, who ask and obey, with miracles. Maybe we can have a few testimonies to miracles you have experienced in our comments box. I will authorise all legitimate testimonies.


Please pray with us for a miracle: A farm in South Africa, which was expected to be purchased for the Lord’s purposes, was swindled from the owner by a corrupt lawyer and his corrupt farmer brother. They were suspected of corruption and an investigation is underway. Please pray that they be exposed and that the farm gets used for what the Lord purposed it for.

If you benefited from this, why don’t you link it to your Facebook or Twitter to make it available to your friends? You can also use the e-mail link to pass it on. Please also pray for the spreading of it to those who need it. Please feel free to ask questions or discuss thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment