Sunday 8 April 2012

Power of Life

Our Intercession blog is Alive! – find link to your right è
Current topic: Pray with us for Families.

Good morning.

Today we’re celebrating the fact that Jesus is Alive!

That’s where the power is in Christianity. Buddha is a piece of stone and idols are made of wood or metal. The father of all lies, whose pretence are the gods behind false religions, was defeated during this very three days we’ve been celebrating for centuries. But our God, our Lord and Saviour is alive and active, serving with power all who chose to love Him.

Because He conquered death and is alive:

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). Aren’t you glad the old is gone? Through the years this loving, living Jesus has pruned away all death producing branches from my being and filled me with His love. During times where the flesh and the devil so fervently fought back in an attempt to steal my soul, Jesus fought relentlessly for me. Sometimes I only managed to weakly hold onto the last straws of hope with the tips of my fingers as I was dragged down, but Jesus’ generous love and powerful Spirit held onto me with the power gained from the victory on the cross and through the resurrection.

He loves me and has a purpose for my life and therefore sustained me as I “continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in me to will and to act according to his good purpose,” (Philippians 2:12, 13 personalised). Through His grace I desire more – more understanding of His Word, more understanding of Him, more understanding of the complexities of this world, more understanding of how evil functions (since any good army understands their enemy’s strategies) and more understanding of myself. This is what I desire, for I believe it was His desire for me when I was called.

Most of us have a story to tell. Most of us can sing our praises to Him for we have crossed over from death to life (John 5:24) as a result of Him who conquered death.

I don’t know where you are in your walk with the Lord. You may be well on your way serving Him and bearing productive fruit, or you may struggle with sin, but are fighting the good fight of the faith to overcome, or you may be religious and just go through the motions every week to please your conscience, or you may be searching for truth. In our struggle against the flesh and evil that constantly try to drag us down, shall we give up? “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord,” (Romans 8:37-39).

Jesus conquered death, which consists both of physical death at the end of our lives and spiritual death, which is the condition we live in without Christ.

Are you alive in Christ? I don’t ask whether you go to church or whether you believe in Jesus. I don’t even ask whether you are born again. Jesus is alive and on fire to build His Kingdom here on earth. He conquered death and together with Him we are more than conquerors. Are you alive and on fire with Him to build your part of His Kingdom in response to His calling?

Have you ever invited Him into your heart to change you from death to life?

Jesus, thank you for conquering death – also for me. I invite you into my life to give me New Life!

If you benefited from this, why don’t you link it to your Facebook or Twitter or forward the e-mail reminder to make it available to your friends? You can also use the e-mail link to pass it on. Please pray as well for its distribution to those who need it and feel free to ask questions or discuss thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment