Wednesday 16 November 2011

Help!

Good morning. It is 7am and foggy outside.

My children once fought like cat and dog in the car and it didn’t matter what we tried, they wouldn’t stop. Neither threats nor warnings worked. What did work?
The other day my staff didn’t feel like doing something new I introduced. They were not used to it and felt it’s not their job. I felt that, although I’ve done it up to then, there’s no need for me to do it when a staff member is free, since it would set me free to do my other jobs. Talking about it didn’t bring us far, so after muttering unhappily in my heart for a while, the Lord reminded me of the other solution, in fact the solution that brings peace the quickest.

We read in Zechariah 4:6 “’Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty,” and in Exodus 14:14 “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” These were rhema revelations the Lord gave me some time ago.
That day when my children became out of control, I started to pray. It was all that was left. They still fought up to the front door of the house, where a holy anger came over me as I unlocked the house. “Satan, in the name of Jesus, leave my children alone!” I commanded. It was like I switched them off – instant silence. The problem with my staff I also gave to the Lord. I did share with my staff my needs, but didn’t feel like forcing anybody to do it, for I wanted to retain good relationships. I was looking forward to see what the Lord was going to do and He was faithful as usual.

Often when my wife, Julia, can’t get through to me, she asks the Lord to show me what she wanted me to see, and He does it. I do the same and it saves us lots of fighting and disagreement.
The Lord is real and loves us. He is more than an object of worship in church and is definitely not a distant God. He is Abba Father – Daddy God (Romans 8:15). Moses argued with Him when He wanted to destroy Israel and the Lord complied (Exodus 32:11). Jacob wrestled with Him and refused to let go until he was blessed, and he received the blessing (Genesis 32:24-29). Often I hear He is incomprehensible, but to me He isn’t. He reveals Himself to those who love and obey Him. We are created in His image – we are like Him, but He is also like us apart from the sinful nature.

Go and sit on Daddy God’s lap and ask when you need help, just as you would help your child. He wants to be your first option, not your last resort. Don’t fight, criticize and judge – also not in your heart. Leave it to the Lord. Just love those who make life difficult for you and pray for them.
Father, thank you that you’re there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment