Thursday 3 November 2011

Shout From The Rooftops!! (Blog Introduction)

 

It’s now 7 am and it has been raining softly all night.

Let’s see what the Lord has for us.


“What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs (Mat. 10:27).”

Jesus spoke to His disciples and since we are His disciples it’s meant for us too. The key in this passage is “what I tell you”. The Lord wants to tell us what to do. He has a plan and we are to fulfil it under His direction. How many of us are just religious, doing our Christian duty day after day whilst we actually only do what we like?


This blog came to life because the Lord started to drop tit-bits of information, that He wanted me to share with His people, into my heart. During my work day these truths would suddenly appear in my mind. I keep a book next to me for that purpose. Many of the teachings to follow are also lessons I’ve learned in handling everyday difficult situations by faith, based on God’s Word. I’ve often learned the hard way, but there is no need for you to learn that way too if I write down what I’ve learned.

For seven years I’ve done something similar. I wrote monthly teachings and sent them by e-mail to hundreds of e-mail addresses. Those teachings I’m now putting into book form, the first of which you can order from here. This blog is a continuation of that and you have the facility to ask questions, encourage or challenge me. Feel free to make use of it.

We read in Romans 12:6-8: “We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; If it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.”

You fit into one or more of these categories. With each of these gifts the Lord still wants to tell us what to do and how to do it – even how to serve. Jesus needed His father. If Jesus didn’t pray during the night to hear what He had to do the following day, he would have been powerless. He did say “the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing (John 5:19)”. In the same way we need the Lord as Jesus said in John 15:5: “apart from me you can do nothing”.


The Lord said in Psalm 32:8: “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.”

In this blog I’d like us to learn from Him – shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment