Sunday 25 March 2012

Where’s Your Heart?

Pray with us in our Intercession blog – find link to your right è

Current topic: Introductory information – a useful study.

Good morning.

We’ve found out in the previous two messages what options we have in terms of treasures. Have you read it?

“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also,” (Matthew 6:21).

If your heart is into something, you will give it your all. I do my day job to the best of my ability, but my heart’s not really in it. I have no great ambitions for my career, but I do have great aspiration for my contribution to the Kingdom of God. I think, pray and dream about it, and make every effort to release more time for it. My heart’s in it.

Where’s your heart? Do you “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength,” (Mark 12:30)? How do you do it? Where’s your treasure?

Do you live with all your heart for a nice house, a good financial future for both you and your kids, an exciting holiday each year – maybe somewhere abroad, a good education for your kids, the latest in gadgets and an acceptable social status in your community?

Or do you live with all your heart to see; your fellow man saved, your kids worshiping and serving the Lord with all their hearts – not so much interested in gadgets as in pleasing the Lord, and opportunities to change the world? Do you pray with all your heart for your fellow man, for those who suffer under the power of Satan, and for the Lord’s will to be done and His Kingdom to come? Are you actively involved in using your gift to help this world find Jesus and Christians to grow in the Lord?

It’s never too late for a heart transplant. If we desire it, the Lord promised in Ezekiel 36:25-27: “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.”

In Romans 12:1, 2 we are encouraged: “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”

The deception through the ages has been very subtle. Mammon (money) has taken up much power in the lives of the Christians (Matthew 6:24). Whereas the church has begun as follows in Acts 2:42-47; “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favour of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved,” where do we as church stand today?

Lord, search my heart and help me not to conform to the pattern of this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of my mind.

Our weekly blessing to you:

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil. May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it,” (1Thessalonians 5:16-24).

If you benefited from this, why don’t you link it to your Facebook or Twitter or forward the e-mail reminder to make it available to your friends? You can also use the e-mail link to pass it on. Please pray as well for its distribution to those who need it and feel free to ask questions or discuss thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment