Sunday 8 July 2012

About Paul (Sunday) – Greetings From Paul

Good morning.

Praise the Lord for the day of rest on which we may glorify His name.

Since we rest on Sunday, we are going to receive a few greetings from Paul today as he gave it at the end of each of his letters to the churches he served. I included Hebrews, since based on the style the letter to the Hebrews was written, I believe Paul was the author.

Note carefully his use of words for it reveals something about him. Although I am tempted to, I am not going to comment on these quotations today, but will make a few comments in our next message.

“The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him—to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen,” (Romans 16:20, 25-27).

“I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. If anyone does not love the Lord — a curse be on him. Come, O Lord! The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. My love to all of you in Christ Jesus. Amen,” (1 Corinthians 16:21-24).

“Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the saints send their greetings. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all,” (2 Corinthians 13:11-14).

“The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers. Amen,” (Galatians 6:18).

“Peace to the brothers, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying [incorruptible] love,” (Ephesians 6:23-24).

“The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen,” (Philippians 4:23).

“I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you,” (Colossians 4:18).

“Brothers, pray for us. Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss. I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you,” (1 Thessalonians 5:25-28).

“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all,” (2 Thessalonians 3:16-18).

“Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith. Grace be with you,” (1 Timothy 6:20-21).

“The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you,” (2 Timothy 4:22).

“Everyone with me sends you greetings. Greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all,” (Titus 3:15).

“And one thing more: Prepare a guest room for me, because I hope to be restored to you in answer to your prayers. Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, sends you greetings. And so do Mark, Aristarchus, Demas and Luke, my fellow workers. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit,” (Philemon 1:22-25).

“Greet all your leaders and all God’s people. Those from Italy send you their greetings. Grace be with you all,” (Hebrews 13:24-25).

Lord, thank you for your grace.

Thank you Lord that your Word went out from your mouth, via your servant’s pen, and it will not return to you empty, but will accomplish what you desire and achieve the purpose for which you sent it.

Please pass this on if you think others may benefit by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment