Thursday 22 December 2011

Get to Know the Lord through Moses’ Life (Part One)

The Lord is faithful, hallelujah!

Low self-image is not pleasing to the Lord. In the midst of Paul’s horrible circumstances he said “I can do all things through him who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)” and “in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us (Romans 8:37).”

We are all gifted in some way. The Lord once needed to reprimand me that He gave me the intelligence I have to be used to the benefit of His Kingdom, for I used to stand back for others and then the Lord wasn’t able to accomplish through me what He wanted to. From the moment we’re born the devil steps in and make use of people to break us down. Thoughtless people say and do things that crush us. Parents handle their kids wrongly and through all these experiences that happen regularly in our lives, we feel inferior about ourselves. These feelings cause us to feel unworthy when the Lord calls on us to do something. From the previous few postings we’ve learned that we’re all gifted and that the Lord will press on our button when He needs us.

He did press on Moses’ button. He prepared Moses long before He called him though. When the Egyptians killed all the Hebrew boys (Exodus 1:22), He arranged for Moses to be adopted by the Egyptian princess, who raised him in the palace (Exodus 2:1-10). There he learned the ways of Pharaoh, knowledge which he would have needed in the future when he was to be the instrument to fulfil God’s plan. For many years he went though life’s training and learned his lessons the hard way, just as all of us do and, when the Lord considered him ready, He called him.

The Lord saw something in Moses, even before he was born, which He knew would work perfect for this purpose to which Moses was called. The Lord also saw something in you, which would be perfect for a purpose He’d like to use you in. Each of His called ones has a purpose for which they were called; a purpose only you can accomplish. For example a simple thing that I have to accomplish is to show people, who cross my way, to live in forgiveness, something I’ve learned the hard way. I’ve noticed that at work and elsewhere people tend to look for a culprit when something goes wrong, i.e. a scapegoat. I try to make them understand that it doesn’t matter who wronged, as long as the matter is resolved. The guilty one will learn from it. This in itself shows love – a godly principle. Maybe the Lord wants to use you in similar ways.

Once the Lord has prepared Moses, He called him. In Exodus 3:2-9 the Lord spelled out His concern. His people suffered under Pharaoh and the Lord needed someone to help solve the situation, to deliver His people from the Egyptians. Then He dropped the bombshell. “Come, I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt (Exodus 3:10).”

I can imagine Moses gasping, staring incomprehensibly at the Angel of the Lord who manifested His glory in this bush, giving it an appearance of being alight.

So, how did Moses respond?  Shall I tell you tomorrow?

Lord, thank you for calling me. Please lead me to my purpose?

If you benefited from this why don’t you link it to your Facebook or Twitter to make it available to your friends? You can also use the e-mail link to pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment