Tuesday 20 December 2011

Relying on the Lord

I’m on holiday and this is one of the days I would not be near an Internet connection to upload the daily written Word Byte. I felt the Lord wanted me to preload this section from my book, Sermon on the Mount Secrets, as an appetiser. In itself it would give you something to chew on, but the whole picture can obviously be found in the book, which is available as an e-book at: http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/challenging-revelations---sermon-on-the-mount-secrets/18323577

Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny. (Matthew 5:25, 26)

God’s Kingdom functions on a completely different system than that of the world. The world believes in the survival of the strongest and that the greater you become, the more acceptable you are. It believes that the richer you are, the more popular and influential you are, and that you will be remembered according to the amount of power you have.

God’s Kingdom says that whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted (Matthew 23:12). If your enemy takes you to court, you have two options: act according to the world’s principles or God’s principles. You either play tough and proud, exalting yourself, or you humble yourself. If you choose the world’s principles, you submit yourself to the world’s judgment and ruthlessness. If you choose to live by the Spirit, by God’s principles, He will overrule the world on your behalf. In John 16:33, Jesus said, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” In other words, there is nothing in this world that Jesus can’t handle; therefore, if you rely on Him to deal with the trouble the world gives you, you will have peace.

I have had many occasions in which I stood before the choice: should I prosecute or should I forgive? I chose to forgive. A number of times it involved a lot of money, which I lost. On the other hand, I have had many occasions where I should have been prosecuted, but then I called on the Lord, praying this word He gave me: “Because I love you, You said, Lord, that You will rescue me. You will protect me, for I acknowledge Your name. I call upon You, and You will answer me; You will be with me in trouble; You will deliver me and honour me. With long life will You satisfy me and show me Your salvation. Please rescue and protect me Lord, (Psalm 91:14-16).

Every time, the Lord came through for me, rescuing me from the unthinkable. I have sown humility and forgiveness. Because it pleased the Lord, and since it is according to His Word and will, I have reaped forgiveness. This has given me some stunning testimonies.

That is why Jesus said to come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court. In other words, you must be the least. Humble yourself and adapt a give-and-take attitude. Pride often causes stubbornness. Then our decisions are dictated by our pride. These decisions are usually unwise and lead to mistakes. Humility, on the other hand, pleases the Lord and prompts Him to exalt you and judge in your favour. If we act in pride and arrogance, the Lord steps out of the way. Then our adversary may hand us over to the judge, and the judge may hand us over to the officer, and we may be thrown into prison according to the style of the world...
 
Lord, I desire to do things your way and look forward to your guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment